Cosworth is a global technology business that delivers propulsion and intelligent solutions for customers in the automotive, aerospace, motorsport and marine sectors.
As a business we are constantly seeking innovative ways to lead technology development while striving to deliver the reliability that our customers expect.
We currently have exciting opportunities to join our dynamic team of highly skilled validation engineers responsible for our next generation video/data acquisition systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Software validation/verification of automotive data/video recorder products.
- Performing testing of new features and enhancements prior to release to Tier 1 customers.
- Formal reporting of all test activities.
- Diagnosing technical issues, working closely with developers to find solutions.
- Collaborating with customers and third-parties.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTER
You will have:
- Minimum 2:1 bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent qualification/relevant experience.
- Detailed knowledge of CAN bus protocol as defined by ISO-11898.
- Detailed knowledge of Automotive Unified Diagnostic Services ISO-14229.
- Experience with Automotive diagnostic tools such as Vector CANOE or Intrepid Systems Vehicle Spy.
- An understanding of Automotive Ethernet including diagnostic protocols, such as DOIP ISO-13400.
- Organised and structure approach with strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and team working skills.
- Eye for detail and problem-solving ability.
- An ability to write clear and concise technical reports.
Experience with any or all of the following would also be beneficial:
- General automotive industry knowledge and experience.
Some software development or coding/scripting experience (Python, C#, C++, etc).
- Software verification and validation experience.
ISEB/ISTQB Certificate in Software Testing.
- Experience of using software defect tracking and reporting systems, such as Microsoft TFS.
- Experience with automating tests and scripting.
- Use of hand tools, soldering and wiring.
- An understanding of the AUTOSAR framework.
- Knowledge of Automotive Functional Safety standard (ISO 26262).
To apply for this job please visit www.cosworth.com.