Job Title: Automation Test Engineer
Reporting to: Test Team Lead
Date of preparation: September 2021
The world around us is experiencing significant change, the greatest in generations.
At McLaren Applied, we’re accelerating the response to that change. Our vision is that our people and technologies will pioneer a better future. Our mission is to achieve breakthroughs in performance.
We’re at the cutting edge of innovation in industries including automotive transportation and motorsport. We create solutions that drive efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
We want to help to reduce the carbon footprint and become more sustainable. Our focus is on electrification and telemetry, control and analytics.
To deliver efficient lightweight electric powertrain and vehicle development; motorsport solutions that make series more sustainable and efficient; reliable connectivity solutions for transportation and insightful analytics and monitoring of transport fleets.
By applying our expertise, we deliver real benefits and pioneer a better future.
Purpose of the Role
As an Automation Test Engineer in the ATLAS (Advanced Telemetry Linked Acquisition System) team, you will be involved in the quality assurance of software development and deployment, within the high stakes world of Formula 1 telemetry software.
You will work on a variety of challenges to deliver complex products and solutions, which ultimately enable race engineers and strategists to access powerful, race-winning insights in F1 and other motorsports series.
Your focus will be to ensure quality is considered and represented in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and be responsible for developing, maintaining and executing automated tests, to ensure the desktop applications created by our ATLAS developers are fit for purpose.
· The Development, Execution and Maintenance of both UI and API Automated test cases, Performance test cases and the UI Test framework
· Collaborate closely with product and developers, to identify Use Cases and find Defects, as early as possible in the Software Development Lifecycle
· Develop and execute test cases for Functional and Non-Functional requirements
· Analyse user requirements, for both validity and feasibility
· Analyse testing results and address any identified failures
· Provide test execution summaries to stakeholders
· Detect, document and track software defects and inconstancies
· Apply quality assurance principles throughout the Agile product lifecycle
· Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities, in collaboration with the ATLAS software development team
· Contribute to release planning by providing estimates for test development and execution
· Identify risk and escalates appropriately when required
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
· First class degree or upper 2nd in software / test automation (or equivalent experience)
· Fluent in C#
· Knowledge of UI test automation frameworks
· Experience with Azure Pipelines
· 2 years of experience, in a Test Automation role
· ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualification Board) Foundation qualification or higher
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders
· High attention to detail and solid analytical skills
· Proficient in using test and project management software
· The Ability to work both as part of a team and individually
· Experience in, or enthusiastic, about Motorsport
· Experience working within Agile Project management frameworks
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail all duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature which are commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.
McLaren Applied are committed to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) and promote DEI in all we do.
To apply for this job please visit mclaren.bamboohr.com.