Peugeot’s 208 Rally4 car first hit the stages in mid-2020 as one of the first of the new generation of Rally4 machines released (Rally4 being the replacement for the R2 category). Since it’s debut, the 208 has demonstrated itself as a competitive machine, most recently locking out the podium on Rallye Monte Carlo, with six cars in the top ten of its class.
Peugeot recently released a series of videos documenting the development of the Rally4.
Peugeot 208 Rally4 technical specification:
- Engine: three cylinders, turbocharged, 1,199cc
- Maximum power: 208hp at 5,450rpm
- Maximum torque: 290Nm at 3,000rpm
- Gearbox: SADEV, five-speed sequential
- Differential: mechanical limited-slip differential
- Front brakes: vented discs (asphalt: 330mm / gravel: 283mm)
- Rear brakes: 290mm discs
- Three-way adjustable suspension (rebound, low- and high-speed compression)
- Minimum weight: 1,080kg (1,250kg with crew onboard)