A Leading Manufacturing Facility in Clarkston, Michigan is currently seeking an experienced Plastics Process Technician. This position requires working in a fast-paced, high volume injection molding environment on the production floor.
Responsibilities will include troubleshooting injection molding issues, identifying opportunities for improvement, monitoring and adjusting processes and automation equipment, mold sampling, visual inspections, starting up and troubleshooting automated and assembly equipment, and training others on machines.
- Experience as a Process Technician and mold setting in a plastic injection molding environment
- Experience setting molds, performing cold starts of injection molding machines and automation equipment
- Excellent communication skills and attendance record
- Willingness to work on any shift as needed
- Strongly prefer experience with various molding equipment, hot runner systems in the automotive environment.
- Work in a fast-paced, high volume injection molding environment on the production floor
- Troubleshoot injection molding issues, identify opportunities for improvement, monitor and adjust processes and automation equipment, mold sampling, visual inspections, starting up and troubleshooting automated and assembly equipment, and training others on machines
- Troubleshoot processing issues and identify root causes
- Evaluate tool designs to ensure process capabilities
- Recognize the various types of cosmetic and dimensional defects and modifies the molding process within allowable limits to eliminate these defects
- Understand the established cosmetic and dimensional requirements for the part being produced
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, and 401(k)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com