Job Title: Customer Success Representative-US
Function: Sales and Customer Service
Reporting to: Customer Success Manager
Date of preparation: August 2021
The world around us is experiencing significant change, the greatest in generations.
At McLaren Applied, we are accelerating the response to that change. Our vision is that our people and technologies will pioneer a better future. Our mission is to achieve breakthroughs in performance.
We are at the cutting edge of innovation in industries including automotive transportation and motorsport. We create solutions that drive efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
We want to help to reduce the carbon footprint and become more sustainable. Our focus is on electrification and telemetry, control, and analytics.
To deliver efficient lightweight electric powertrain and vehicle development; motorsport solutions that make series more sustainable and efficient; reliable connectivity solutions for transportation and insightful analytics and monitoring of transport fleets.
By applying our expertise, we deliver real benefits and pioneer a better future.
The company now has ambitions to introduce a direct-to-consumer product portfolio.
Filling this position with the correct, best talent is imperative for our success, as customer service will be a key differentiator alongside a superior hardware and software experience.
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the Sales and Customer Service function is:
- To convert online prospects into closed sales by answering their questions with persuasive closing techniques on video-stream, chat, phone and/or e-mail, and
- To assist our product owners so that they always get superior utility out of their device. This includes answering basic FAQ’s, helping owners if there is a problem, and assisting with warranty repair, logistics and replacement products.
- Be passionate about Customer Success and eager to bring the McLaren brand to life
- Answering questions from prospective customers about all products
- Helping customers with purchases where and when required
- Making follow up contact with customers after purchase
- Log complaints as received, and request support of the Customer Success Manager, and relevant functionalities to manage complex queries and to meet the customers’ expectations
- Making proactive recommendations to the Customer Success Manager by monitoring customer input from a variety of data streams –CRM system, social media feeds, customer surveys (in app and in general)
- Maintain customer confidentiality and ensure all services are provided in accordance with the companies process and policies
- Advocate and adhere to all Health and Safety policies and lead by example
- Actively promote McLaren Applied to internal and external customers demonstrating the values
- Work towards objectives to achieve set KPIs and personal development objectives
- Offer support and advice to fellow team members.
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures and demonstrating positive behaviours.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by Customer Success Manager and Head of Marketing.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Strong Customer Success and sales skills with a passion for delivering and driving excellent standards of customer service
- Self-motivated with a determination to succeed
- Clear and concise communicator with effective questioning skills and active listening skills
- Experience using a CRM communication platform/system like Salesforce, Intercom or Zendesk
- Demonstrated ability to consult with customers, convert sales and deliver targeted solutions
- Combines strong empathy with a solution-minded, goal-oriented approach
- Professional communication and people skills with a genuine desire to provide excellent customer service
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast and high-pressured environment
- A team player who will contribute to the continuous improvement of the department and company
- Be a self-starter who can work unsupervised to ambitious standards and with meticulous detail
- Desirable: Language or international experience is a plus
Values and Behaviours
You will be a key representative of McLaren Technology Group’s Values and Behaviours, the framework of which can be found here.
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail all duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature which are commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.
McLaren Applied are committed to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) and promote DEI in all we do.
To apply for this job please visit mclaren.bamboohr.com.