Chief Engineer ( November start – 15 – 20 days per month)
Identifying main car limitations and supporting development in the short and medium terms.
Supporting simulator activity and preparation.
Ensure that collaboration between Race Engineering Vehicle Performance is open, honest, and constantly improves.
Support car setup definition between simulator, pre-event, and in-event activities.
Analyse car data to provide quantified and data-driven recommendations for improving car performance.
Work with the support car setup definition, short and medium-term development, and simulator activity.
Execute the day-to-day tasks, providing regular feedback and updates to the Chief Mechanic.
Support simulator sessions, ensuring efficient collaboration with race teams.
Support the development of new data analysis methodologies for implementation.
Maintain and develop good relationships with race teams.
Provide flexible remote and trackside attendance and attitude to work in line with the roles and any specific requirements.
Always work professionally regardless of the task set and proactively promote a positive image for the department/team/sponsors.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
• Minimum Dallara F2/F3 experience at a Performance Engineer level, ideally experience in vehicle dynamics, tyre engineering, simulation (inlc. HIL/DIL) and aero performance areas.
• Robust and broad understanding of Topline single-seater car performance, car data analysis, and simulations.
• Experience in working with vehicle setup management and data collection tools with administrative access rights (Team, ONE RACEHUB, HH DM)
• Ability to scope all tasks thoroughly.
• Have open and honest collaboration with other team members and between the various groups involved in the definition of car setup.
• Provide technical input for data analysis methodologies improvement.
• Deliver timely information and reporting (delivering to deadlines on the job list and keeping on top of communication).
• Initiative and Innovation.
• Ability to work with the team, external groups, and colleagues.
To apply for this job email your details to Piersmasarati@gmail.com