At Prodrive we combine our motorsport ethos with free thinking to redefine the possible. We support a variety of programmes including full works teams in international race and rally series. Our Technicians, Mechanics, Fabricators and Engineers all work together every step of the way with one goal; to win.
We’re seeking a talented and motivated Senior/Principal Electrical Design Engineer to join our team of engineers developing and supporting electrical & electronic solutions use on our race, rally and road projects.
– Drive Prodrive’s electrical design team to achieve electrical solutions for our motorsport products.
– Design of electrical systems both on and off vehicle (harnesses, sensors, control units).
– Production drawings of electrical harnesses and components.
– Diagnosis of electrical faults, working through problems methodically, both in hardware and software.
– Generating and updating bill of materials for parts and assemblies.
– Produce documentation (internal and customer facing) to assist with electrical installations.
– Releasing of parts and assembly structures onto bill of materials
– Liaising with other departments and customers to support the build and testing of parts, systems, and vehicles
Background and technical skills
– Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Motorsport or Electronic Engineering or another relevant degree.
– Strong automotive or motorsport understanding of electrical systems.
– Basic understanding of various communication protocols such as CAN, LIN & Ethernet.
– Fluent in the use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite.
– Effective spoken and written communication skills
– Ability to operate both independently and in a collaborative, team environment
– Excellent organisation, prioritisation, and coordination skills
– Ability to work effectively and thrive in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to work under pressure
– Willingness to travel and support cars on event or test
What can we offer you?
A competitive salary is just the beginning. A modern working environment with free onsite parking and a tailored range of benefits including: car and pension salary sacrifice schemes, a subsidised staff restaurant, consultations with our Fit 4 Life expert, exercise classes, life assurance, 25 days holiday (which increases with long service) with an opportunity to purchase up to 15 extra days, paid time off for volunteering, social events throughout the year, and exclusive company discounts.
We are an equal opportunities employer
At Prodrive we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace which values diversity and ensures that everyone has the widest opportunities to maximise their potential. Studies have found that underrepresented groups such as women and ethnic minority groups are less likely to apply for roles if they do not meet all the requirements listed in the job description. If you feel that this role does not perfectly match your experience, we encourage you to apply as you may just be the candidate we are looking for.
To apply for this job please visit careers.prodrive.com.