Chief Mechanic freelance 15-20days a month
Main Duties include:
• Vast understanding of complex Single-seater race car mechanical systems, component assemblies, build processes and setup.
• Expected to actively build and maintain our chassis.
• Ability to build a new team of Mechanics and Engineers to support the program
• Work closely with the Performance engineer, engineering, and relevant departments to ensure car build is conducted to the very highest of standards and specifications.
• High-level understanding of technical documentation, ensuring that car build conforms to homologation.
• Vehicle build and mileage sheets are followed to the highest detail, alongside constant communication with the chief mechanic, ensuring that any component changes are logged.
• Highly competent at documenting technical information requested by the Performance Engineer.
• Communicate daily and weekly build schedules/service intervals to the mechanics while creating job lists between events and structuring their workload to achieve the deadlines set.
• Coordinating all setup changes during sessions, ensuring they are done to the highest accuracy in the shortest possible time.
• Ensure all car-related equipment and tooling are in good working order and safely loaded for transport between events.
• Extensive travel to race events, circuit tests and vehicle rig tests
• Being a mentor to your number 1 & 2 mechanics and providing an environment for learning and progression.
• When necessary, assisting other areas of the race team as a No’1, your experience will be valuable in helping the team grow.
• 10 years of previous motorsport experience
• Must have held the No.1 position in F3/F2 or similar.
• Experience in managing parts stock & event specific job lists.
• Computer Skills: Word, Excel
• Must be a good team player & able to work unsupervised.
• Must be a good communicator and work with many people in a fast-paced environment.
• Flexible approach to working practises & hours.
To apply for this job email your details to Piersmasarati@gmail.com