Website Fox Factory
About the Company
In 1974, Bob Fox started racing his products in motocross and we haven’t stopped racing since. FOX has equipped vehicles and racers that have stood atop podiums in every sport we have competed in — from the sands of Baja to the dunes of Dakar.
For over three decades, FOX has been an industry leader in the design and development of high performance shock absorbers and racing suspension products for snowmobiles, mountain bikes, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, off-road cars, trucks, and SUVs.
Our team of engineers perform rigorous tests with our athletes year-round. The data we collect from performance testing and our application of that knowledge to our product is what separates FOX from every other suspension company.
The Test Manager is responsible for leading Scotts Valley Test Engineering Team. The test team is responsible for all aspects of testing ranging from testing prototypes to production verification including the resources needed to preform the testing. The team currently consists of ten engineers and technicians.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
• Lead the team to meet internal and external project requirements.
• Participate in the budgeting process and track department spending to budget.
• Develop employees and their skills
• Manage and support the team to set project priorities
• Manage the team’s resources and workload
• Development of methods and documentation to improve the efficiency and accuracy of internal processes and procedures related to testing and tuning.
• Ultimately responsible for pass/fail criteria and pass/fail decisions of components and assemblies.
• Work in a matrix organization with design group, project leaders, NPI, and test assets to drive successful project outcomes.
• Review, sign off, and release documentation
• Specification of new lab equipment as necessary
• Participate in generation of new shock absorber/suspension concepts to advance technology portfolio
• Participate/lead creative brainstorming sessions to solve technical challenges
• Manage a high number of projects in parallel with minimal oversight
• Train, guide, and share experience with the team
• Continuously work to improve efficiency, operations and customer support
• Bachelor of Science or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
• 5+ years’ test experience, preferable from the automotive or powersports industry
• Experience with team management
• Experience with a structured product development process and best practices
• Ability to work across teams to achieve project goals
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing and dynamic
• Highest level of integrity, honesty, and work ethic
• Enthusiastic, driven, and team focused
• Powered vehicle, racing, and/or suspension enthusiast
• Experience with advanced vehicle operation and tuning
• Experience with shock absorbers, test methods and test equipment
This position is in Scotts Valley, CA. Occasional travel to other Fox locations, test location and customers is required.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.