Website Cognito Motorsports, Inc
Cognito Motorsports is a rapidly growing Truck, SUV & UTV aftermarket product manufacturer based in Bakersfield, California. We are seeking an experienced player/coach with proven management and expert mechanic skills. The ideal candidate will have extensive hands-on truck and UTV suspension experience, and a minimum of three years verifiable experience running a professional auto shop and race team.
- Manages the work schedules of department staff to ensure optimum performance and profitability.
- Coordinates the scheduling of truck and UTV build projects, including prototype test fitting, customer vehicle installations and service, race team vehicle builds, prep and maintenance.
- Must be proficient at suspension modification, component replacement, shock valving and rebuilding, with the ability to effectively diagnose and solve mechanical issues.
- Oversees the project management of customer project builds, including estimating and selling service work, scheduling and quality control.
- Conducts on-vehicle product testing, installation instruction operations and production assistance.
- Directs race team operations, race car preparation and race event logistics, including race staff management, transportation, lodging and support logistics.
- Race car maintenance, including teardown, inspection, reassembly, setup and testing of the race cars after every event.
- Coordinates show vehicle prep, loading and transport to and from events.
- Working knowledge of budgets, purchasing, vendor relations, personnel management and best practices.
- Establishes and monitors department KPI’s to ensure team performance improvement and reporting.
- Maintains a clean, safe shop environment with a focus on mitigating tool loss, waste and risk of injury or mistakes.
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures listed in the department resource folders and employee handbook.
- Performs related duties as assigned by executive management.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma minimum; college or vocational degree in a related field and ASE certification preferred.
- Minimum three years of workshop management experience in a commercial automotive, powersports and/or race shop environment.
- Hands-on experience with all standard automotive shop equipment, and mechanical operations, including shock, drivetrain, steering and suspension servicing, removal and replacement.
- Proficiency with MS Office 365 programs, project management software and basic math calculations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively converse with customers, vendors and staff; and to mitigate conflict through diplomacy and common sense.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Lead by example, with the ability to mentor and coax performance from staff through leadership and mutual respect.
- This role requires an organized experienced person with excellent communication skills and meticulous attention to detail in all areas associated with this position.
We offer competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid medical, vision and dental insurance group rates, paid time off, paid holidays, 401k plan and more.
Cognito Motorsports, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. All applicants are subject to drug testing prior to hiring, and post hiring testing is required for all employees.
To apply for this job email your details to Resumes@cognitomotorsports.com.