Gibson Technology Ltd is an established world leader in the design, development & manufacture of high performance racing powertrains.
It is currently looking to fill the position of: Engine Test Cell Technician (Reference: HR-2018-D1)
Role: Following a period of training under the supervision of our existing test cell engineers, the successful candidate will become responsible for the fitting & removal of our racing engines to the test stands & will also assist with the testing process. Testing will include production validation tests plus performance & durability / development work under the direction of our Development Engineering team. Once the testing of the engine is complete, you will process the relevant data and update various records using a number of different software packages.
The successful candidate will be expected to follow our processes and methods, to keep the test bed area safe, clean and fully operational.
- Rig and de-rig racing engines to the test cells.
- Review of data and maintenance of statistical and test reports.
- Maintenance & cleaning of dyno cells & services.
- Investigation of product quality issues as part of a cross functional team.
- Work closely with our engine build & quality teams to identify and resolve production and quality issues.
- Facilitate continuous improvement and learning across all functional areas through the training and communication of quality & safety initiatives.
Skill Set Required:
- Excellent mechanical aptitude & skills with a good understanding of internal combustion engines & related systems.
- HND Automotive Engineering or time served in an automotive / engineering apprenticeship or experience working in a similar role / environment.
- Computer literacy & proficiency with standard MS Office tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint etc) is essential for this role.
- Working knowledge of precision dynamometer processes & experience of Sierra CP or Schenk dyno control systems would be an advantage but training will be provided.
- A knowledge / familiarity with dynamometer services, cooling plant & fuel handling systems would also be an advantage though again, training will be provided.
- High levels of motivation & a flexible approach in terms of working hours.
- Ability to interface with design, development, manufacturing and assembly departments.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines in a demanding environment and use of investigative techniques to identify and solve problems.
- Desire to learn new technologies.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary dependent upon experience.
- 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays;
- Subsidised team / work wear;
- Modern & pleasant working environment.
- Company pension scheme;
- Private medical insurance (after 6 months service)
This permanent position is an excellent opportunity for someone who is highly motivated and can adopt a flexible approach to problem solving within a team environment.
The successful candidate will be based in our prestigious engineering facility at Repton in Derbyshire UK.
To apply, please quote ref HR-2018-D1, and send your CV & a covering letter to:
The HR Department
Gibson Technology Ltd
Main Street, Repton
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org