Gibson Technology Ltd is an established world leader in the design, development & manufacture of high performance racing powertrains.
It is currently looking to fill the position of: Electrical Harnessing & Systems Engineer (Reference: HR-2018-E2)
The successful candidate will organize & develop the Electrical Department & with the assistance of other members of staff, become responsible for the design, build, testing, servicing & repair of a range of electrical harnesses & sensors for both Motorsport & high performance Automotive applications. Additionally, you will manage & monitor the quality of our internally produced parts & assemblies plus those sourced from our approved sub-contract suppliers.
- Supervision & development of the Electrical Department.
- Department workflow management in partnership with the other departmental staff members.
- Quality control and liaison with electrical component sub-contract suppliers.
- Build, test, service & repair of our LMP engine harness & sensors in support of our Engine Build Department.
- Electrical fault investigation of components returned from the track or from in-house testing, and the revue of logged engine data plus subsequent report documentation with recommendations for future work/rectification.
- Wiring harness design to Raychem DR25 standards using Microsoft Visio.
- Facilitate continuous improvement & learning within the department.
- Electrical department stock control.
- Maintenance of all department electrical drawings files.
- Occasional factory electrical maintenance & repairs.
Skill Set Required:
- Excellent electrical aptitude with a good understanding of military specification wiring & experience & skills in the build of electrical harnesses using the Raychem System 25.
- HND Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Time served in an automotive electrical apprenticeship or experience working in a similar role / environment.
- Strong knowledge & skill set with Raychem DR25 sealed system, contra-helically wound harnesses.
- Computer literacy & proficiency with standard MS Office tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, & Visio etc) is essential for this role.
- Knowledge and experience of CAN, FlexRay and Ethernet systems would be a distinct advantage.
- Motorsport experience would be advantageous but is not essential.
- High levels of motivation.
- Ability to interface with design, development, manufacturing and assembly departments.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines in a demanding environment and use of investigative techniques to identify and solve problems.
- Desire to learn new technologies & a flexible approach in terms of working hours.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary dependent upon experience.
- 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays;
- Subsidised team / work wear;
- Modern & pleasant working environment.
- Company pension scheme;
- Private medical insurance (after 6 months service)
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is highly motivated and can adopt a flexible approach to problem solving within a team environment.
The successful candidate will be based in our prestigious engineering facility at Repton in Derbyshire UK.
To apply, please quote ref HR-2018-E2 and send your CV & a covering letter to:
The HR Department
Gibson Technology Ltd
Main Street, Repton.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org